Monday, March 15, 2010

Skin discoloration around my mouth (corner of my mouth to chin area).?

Hi, I am a 29 year old Indian girl with Fair skin. lately I have noticed some skin discoloration (blackish mark on the corner of my mouth going towards my chin area). It gets extremely dry even after applying a heavy moisturiezer. I start to see white flakey stuff coming off of my face. I have oily skin and i do exfoliate every other day and use good heavy moistureizer. Please advise since i can't afford to go to the doctor. Any house hold remedies i can use? Thanks in advance. Brenda.
Skin discoloration around my mouth (corner of my mouth to chin area).?
Sounds like peri oral dermatitis. This is a pretty common condition seen most often in women 18-45 and for some reason boys 8-15. I know it sounds backwards, but lay off the heavy cream and go with a lighter moisturizer, lay off of the exfoliation for a while and see if that improves the condition. If it doesn't, you may need to visit a doctor because sometimes it takes oral and topical antibiotics to clear up peri oral dermatitis. Whatever you do, avoid topical steroids, as they will make it worse. It might look like it's better at first, but the minute you stop, it wil come back worse than you have ever seen it.
Skin discoloration around my mouth (corner of my mouth to chin area).?
this sounds strange but use miconazole cream. it is over the counter. It is used to treat fungal infections but it also helps with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment