Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Any skin doctors here who could help me?

i have had acne for 2 years. i first started getting small pimples when i was 12 and now i am 14. my breakouts have gotten MUCH worse!!!! are there any home remedies or treatments that you would recomend for me? i have tried SO many different washes and toners and creams and i do have oily skin. i did try proactiv but my dad canceled it because he said it cost to much. proactiv did make my skin dry, and i do have sensitive skin. one of my friends said that it was the main ingredient in proactiv that was making my skin dry. she said that benzoyl stuff was harsh on sensitive skin. i have tried diffierin and things but they didn't work for me. please help me, i want my skin to look good. i do wear makeup to school and stuff because my face looks awful without it. what should i do now? oh, i have another question...does stress and worry make skin break out? thank you for helping me.
Any skin doctors here who could help me?
i've had acne for a while too. my case is about like yours actually, but i went to a dermatologist and she perscribed this medicine called ethromiacin (sp?) and it's already working after about a week. she also gave me some other stuff to use and told me NOT to wash my face too many times a day (2-3 is good) and to get more sleep. she recommended neutragena acne creams, scrubs, etc.


she said that chocolate and junk foods don't make your face break out but she said that stress might so maybe you could try yoga or pilates or something.
Any skin doctors here who could help me?
stress does make ur skin worse! wear less make-up or atleast make sure its not on ur face for long, as soon as u get hem cleanse ur face n put moisturizing cream,


i've have acne probs since i was 12 n now im 20, althought it has got alot less!!


its ur age it does get better.. go n have those teen facials, or u can jst do it @ home, steam ur face for 10-15 mins 2-3 times a week, use scrubs..


dont use too many treatments coz ive done it all it doesnt work !!


as u have oily skin u will always have a prob with acne so u got to be really carefull with wht u eat (spicy, too many sweets!) n wht u use on ur skin !!
Reply:i know exactly what you are going through. I too tried proactive and got dry, chapped skin because of it. I just recently tried a new thing, its Aveeno soap bar. I lOVE IT! I swear my skin has gotten much clearer. I still have some acne, but im gonna stick with it and hope it works out. If you try it, i hope it will work also for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment