Friday, October 23, 2009

Please Help, skin issue? Esthetician or anyone who knows anything about skin?

I have very fussy/sensitive skin, and try to use products that are free of fragrance and dyes. I am having so much trouble in choosing a product (moisturizer mainly) that will suit my skin. Either the cream/lotion will not hydrate it enough, then it feels tight, or, it will moisturize it well (and will feel comfortable) but then my skin looks super oily and shiny. I am losing my mind, and spending so much money to get the right product. I am currently using Dove Sensitive cleansing cloths, Clinique MILD toner (no drying alcohol), and Dove Sensitive lotion. It is all well and great, but my skin looks so oily from the lotion. When I try the Clinique DDM Lotion, then it is not moisturized Enough, and it gets tight with dry lines. I cannot get a happy medium, and it is driving me insane. I have decent skin, but need something to fix these issues, so my skin can just be "normal". Anyone have any ideas??
Please Help, skin issue? Esthetician or anyone who knows anything about skin?
Look into Dermalogica products. They are developed by dermatologists and are awesome. You can go check out their website and read all about their products. For your situation, definitely check out the Multi-Active Toner...I love it, it actually helps seal moisture into your skin. They have three moisturizers I really like that avoid that shiny situation: Active Moist, Sheer Moisture, and Oil Control Lotion, but that last one doesn't sound like it would be right for you. If you really want professional advice on picking exactly the best one for you, see an aesthetician that is familiar with Dermalogica products...I'd say most all of them are, and probably most use them in their treatments...and they will be able to evaluate your skin up close. If you decide to go for Dermalogica, DON'T buy it in the stores or salon! They mark it up ridiculously. Buy it from whatgreatskin.com. You will save a ton of money, the shipping is free on order over I believe $49, and they will send you samples of whatever you ask for. They ship SUPER fast, my order usually arrives within 2 business days of when I order it...they are located in Novato, California I believe, and I live in Ventura County, California, so I don't know if that has something to do with the short time or where you live, but in any case they always ship it out next day, sometimes even same day if you get the order in early enough. Good luck with your search and I hope this helped and that you will find what works for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment