Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Small skin-colored benign skin lesion?

I have in the past had a small skin-colored bump, or raised area about the size of an average mole, come up under my eye, like in the soft, thinner skin right below my eyelashes. I went to a skin cancer clinic and he shaved it off. It wasn't anything malignant, but now, about 8 months later, another one is forming in the same general area (about half an inch away from the original site) with a tinier one next to it. I have called the skin cancer clinic to ask what the first one was in the first place, since all I ever got was a good report from pathology. Has anyone had anything like this before? I am in my early 40's and have very fair skin.
Small skin-colored benign skin lesion?
Cholesteatoma is usually in the ear.


It is best to get the original pathology report which you should be able to get. Try to call your doctor first. If they can't give it to you, get the phone number for that pathology lab. They can certainly give it to you (it is your report).


It could be squamous papilloma or skin tag which is benign. Both can recur.


It is still a good idea to have them excised and sent to the Pathology Lab again for diagnosis.


Good luck.
Small skin-colored benign skin lesion?
Cholesteatoma probably in that area.


No comments:

Post a Comment