Friday, October 23, 2009

Will healthy, natural skin ever become the fad over sunbaked skin?

----


I appreciate the warning magazines and other media has put out about skin cancer, but in the end, does it really pay off?





After all, saying tanning is unhealthy but encouraging effort for that "bronze glow" with sunless tanning products doesn't really stop the craze, now does it?


----


I see this. . .





A girl like me, in her teens, fair skinned, reading a magazine.


The first article she reads is about skin cancer and warnings to wear SPF and protect your skin.


The next article about how to look bronze without tanning. It suggests bronzer, sunless tanning lotions and creams.


When that girl makes a trip to the drugstore, wastes possibly hundreds of dollars to be a fake "bronze beauty", and finds out that none work - some turning her orange, others making her smell, and the rest, well, working like sh*t, what will she do?





Will she stop obsessing over her "imperfect" skin?


Or will she turn to the tanning beds and booths despite the risk of cancer?





I can't help but wonder.
Will healthy, natural skin ever become the fad over sunbaked skin?
Such a good point. I couldn't agree with you more!


I can't stand the look of a withered, leathery looking woman who thinks she is beautiful because she has attained the desired skin color, even if it is affecting her skin's beauty!


I know a girl who tans obsessively. She is very pretty, naturally, but she overdoes the tanning! It looks horrible on her, like she is a french fry! I can't tell if she's coming or going, she's so baked!!


Anyway, this summer, I am applying the sunscreen all the time. My skin is fine with its natural pigments, and I think fair skin is just as beautiful as dark skin. We need to accept our skin color, whether we are light or dark, white or black, because that is what was given to us!! Natural is the best beauty look!
Will healthy, natural skin ever become the fad over sunbaked skin?
Sure would be nice if the natural skin tone won out over the tanned look. I remember as a child my mom would bake in the sun for hours. My dad never used sunscreen. Now they are both dealing with skin cancer. Barring even the cancer scare, you really dont want to end up looking like a well-worn handbag when you get older. I know I dont. Well, look at it this way, if nothing else, you will always look about 5 years younger than you really are and you will always be able to find your make up shade at the store! (fair, porcelain, alebaster, whatever the name for "light" is at the moment) I gave up on the self-tanning stuff too. I got my SPF 30 and I am happy!
Reply:well u don't sound like ur in ur teens to come up with that far fetched scenario! to me I'd much rather wear the orangy fake tan as u call it then die from skin cancer.


ANY EXPOSURE to UV rays be it the sun or tanning booths, is damaging for the rest of ur life.


kids r only doing what all the stars do that they see on TV and movies. fake tanning has been around for yrs but is far more perfected today then in the past and i recommend it any day over the sun.


due to our family business i was exposed to full sun daily with multiple burns as a child and I'm paying the price now.


looking good is one thing but young girls and guys need to remember ALL magazine shots, ALL movie stars have tons of stylists that spend tons of hrs not to mention money on them to look like that.





NO ONE is perfect... except each and everyone of us in God's image.

ginkgo

No comments:

Post a Comment